POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : fished onion : Re: fished onion Server Time
20 Aug 2024 04:18:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fished onion
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 13 Oct 2000 09:08:09
Message: <39E6FBC3.74782879@peak.edu.ee>
"Bob H." wrote:

> I'll guess a overall spherical patterned pigment (or texture) map using
> triangle pattern for outermost part and just clear to opaque central part,
> with radial pattern for the spokes and dots.  But then I have no idea how
> you actually got the spokes and dots made.

Nope. Similar to what Wlodzimierz did, but this is just a quickie. CSG of a few
boxes, torus, spheres & cones; turned into an object pattern and tiled.
Besides, apparently his patterns are 2D too - I was truly stumped as to how he
managed a 3D-tilable Escher pattern ;) I'm not sure how he got more than 2
possible pattern values in his previous works, though...

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee